Sunday, November 1, 2009

Edit terrain

Hi all

After coding for triangle-ray intersection I start to create a class for getting the clicked triangle. I called this class DynamicTriangleMesh.

DynamicTriangleMesh works slow for now and I need to partition the terrain and add AABB(Axis Aligned Bounding Box) to it then I check the ray collision with AABB if it collide then check for triangle intersection.

I added some functions for editing the tiles and height of the terrain.

I also added a flood fill algorithm to fill the tiles and finding the tiles borders for blending them.

I test my idea about blending and tiling it works good and soon the first version of terrain will be ready.

I also added a screen shot for showing the fill and finding the tile borders with flood fill algorithm.

you can get the latest codes from SVN.
https://kge.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/kge

No comments: